Going In Style's Travel Center offers you packing checklists, adapter guide, TSA information, packing tips and more...
Travel Pre-Flight Preparation
- Prepare yourself for a long flight. To avoid additional stress make sure your luggage is packed days ahead of time and arrive to airport with plenty of time to spare. Check in electronically through the airline's website to minimize standing in line at the airport.
- Know the TSA airline rules and regulations to avoid airport inconveniences and discomforts. Check our travel information resource page for links to TSA pages.
- Double check foreign document requirements. Many countries require documents other than your passport. Some countries require a visa, while others require complete blank pages in your passport.
- Great travel accessories to help prepare you for your flight include packing organizers, passport travel cases, travel toiletry kits, pill organizers and packing cubes and folders.
In Flight Travel Comfort
- During your flight the goal is to be as comfortable as possible. Dress comfortably and be sure to layer as plane cabin temperatures do fluctuate.
- Surround yourself with comfortable travel accessories. Think neck & lumbar pillows, compression socks and sleep masks.
- Bring disinfecting wipes for your tray table. Unfortunately they are rarely cleaned so it's a good idea to give a quick wipe before you use it.
- Stay hydrated by drinking at least 8 ounces of water for every hour you're in the air.
- Try to move your body. Stretching is great to keep the blood flowing and the muscles limber.
When You Arrive
- Upon your arrival, take care of yourself. Drink plenty of fluids, unwind, relax and eat simple foods for the first few days.
- After arrival get outside in the sunlight so your body can reset its natural time clock to coincide with your destination.
- Unless you are used to taking short naps you are better off staying awake until the natural bedtime, but If you are extremely exhausted try a 20 minute nap to help refresh.
Pack everything you need with our comprehensive travel checklist. Don't forget your first aid kit and sunscreen. Packing checklist includes a home checklist checklist so you don't forget to stop the newspaper, shut and lock your windows and store valuables in a locked safe.
No need for stuffing, pushing or jamming your luggage. Follow our guide on what to bring and how to make it fit! First, start with where you are going? What will the weather be like? What activities will you be doing? Start with a base layer in neutral colors. Bring clothing that you can layer. Bring a travel laundry kit so you can wash your clothing in your hotel room.
Adapter Plug chart with voltage information for each country which will help you to determine whether or not you need a converter or a transformer to change the voltage for your American appliance. Will you need a grounded or nongrounded adapter for your trip? How do you check to see if your appliance is dual voltage? Learn all about adapters and converters with this handy adapter guide.
Travel information and restrictions on what TSA will and won't allow. Stay up-to-date with the MyTSA Mobile app featuring handy tools and functions. TSA regulation guide will help you pack your toiletries for your trip.